Adam and I had our 6th Thanksgiving yesterday as a married a couple and as we were gathered with some friends and co-workers of Adams I was thinking of our many Thanksgivings and how different each and everyone of them have been.
Year One we were in Utah and I really don't remember it, but I know we spent the day with family.
Year Two we were in London, England and they don't celebrate Thanksgiving there so that day we all had to go to work and we met with some freinds and had rotisserie chicken and ate on the floor in the common room of one of our friends Flats. That was a Thanksgiving that we will never forget, I was also pregnant with Noah.
Year Three once again in Utah ????
Year Four we spent in Scotland with my parents. Once again no official Thanksgiving celebration, but of course we had our own little feast with the two office couples and some missionaries.
Year Five we spent in New York City with Mark, Brooke, and Thomas Murdock. We went to the Macy's day parade and Brooke and I made a wonderful team cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner.
This year we spent in DC with Adam's co-workers. We were the only couple and have the only kids, so we add a new dimension to dinner. They are very sweet with our kids and like having the kids around (they always make things a little more interesting).
We have had some very fun and interesting Thanksgiving to this point in our marriage and I am sure that from here on out we will probably be in Utah with our Families. We have so much to be thankful for and very grateful for our wonderful family and friends that are willing to take us in on special day like yesterday. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and am excited to spend it with family next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment